This Defensive Pistol class is a 4 hour course designed to give you the basics of various techniques and options in carrying a concealed firearm and the ability to use it under stress. This is a Range Based class so bring a hat and sun screen. This class will qualify you to apply for your Florida Concealed Weapons License.
Skills to be covered are:
- Firearm Safety
- Fundamentals of Shooting
- Offensive vs Defensive Mindset
- Awareness and Avoidance
- Draw Stroke and Presentation of the Firearm
- Reloading Techniques
- Malfunction and Clearance Drills
- Concealment Options
- Stance options
- Handhold, Trigger Control and Sighting techniques
- Recoil control
- 2 handed Quick Fire
Prerequisites: Must be 21 years of age.
- Eye and Ear protection,
- Strong side holster
- Water to hydrate
- 200 rounds of Ammo, more if you shoot a hi-cap.
- If you do not currently own a firearm, one can be provided along with ammunition at an additional cost..$15 for firearm rental…$10 per 50 rounds of ammo.
Length of Course: 4 hours