Combat Pistol – Low Light
FBI statistics prove that more than 80% of all lethal confrontations take place in low light situations. This is true whether you are a cop, soldier or housewife defending your home. This course will teach you the most modern low light shooting tactics & techniques that will help you survive a low light confrontation. This course teaches the student how to effectively and safely utilize a pistol or revolver while using a flashlight. It will test combat shooting skills while moving, shooting and engaging multiple targets in low light and a night time shooting environment.
Many flashlight techniques have been developed throughout the years. The ability to accurately engage targets in low-light conditions will always depend on the individual’s skill to shoot their weapon with one hand. An operator should learn a variety of flashlight techniques, and train on these techniques regularly.
Topics and Skills will include:
- Threat Identification
- Various flashlight techniques
- Movement to cover
- How to select proper lighting tools (hand or weapon mounted)
- Loading, unloading and clearing stoppages in the dark
- White light employment tactics/techniques
- Shooting and communicating with a partner
- Strong side holster,
- Extra magazines or speed loaders and at least one
- Hand held white light. Surefire, Streamlight, Gladius etc
- Minimum of 300 rounds of range ammo.
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Water, drinks, snacks
Length: 4 hours