The NRA Basic Pistol course is designed to give students the basic skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary for owning and using a handgun safely. Through this course, students learn pistol parts and operation, ammunition, gun safety, and shooting fundamentals. Basic Pistol is a ten (10) hour course that may be conducted in one all day session or two half day sessions
10 hr NRA Student Pistol Course (1 and 2 day options)
Summary of course content:
- The gun safety rules.
- The parts of handguns and how they function.
- How to handle handguns safely.
- The components and proper storage of ammunition.
- The fundamentals of pistol shooting.
- Firing range procedures.
- How to shoot from the bench rest position
- How to shoot weaver, modified weaver, isosoceles, and one handed standing positions.
- How to sight in a handgun and score a target.
- How to safely clean a handgun.
- The basic guidelines for buying a handgun.
- Ways to enjoy shooting activities after the course.
- The legal aspects of firearms ownership and use.
- Eye Protection (Prescription glasses OK)
- Ear Protection (Ear Muff Style)
- 50 Rounds of Ammunition (NO RELOADS)
NOTICE: This course affords you the credentials to apply for the FL Concealed Weapon/Firearm Permit. If you are interested please let us know so we can get you an application packet at no charge to you. You will still have to go through a background check with the State of FL and the FBI and supply the funds needed for the fingerprint processing fee and licensing fee.
Students will receive the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination, and a course completion certificate.
NRA Basic Pistol Class
8 Hours (Plus Range) 10 hours total
(Plus range fees and ammunition)